Make A Donation
Reasons for Giving Back to UMES
Membership in the University of Maryland Eastern Shore National Alumni Association may be classified as:
Together, people build great communities. By providing a high quality education, the University of Maryland Eastern Shore continues to develop citizens who contribute to the prosperity of our state and our nation. An investment in UMES and its students is an investment in your community.
Consider how UMES is making a difference in your community and how you can help:
• Due to new laws, many students are finding it hard to obtain Financial Aid.
• Over 50% of UMES students are first-generation college students.
• Enrollment is on the increase and the university currently has over 4,500 students.
• Every graduate of the Physical Therapy and Dietetics programs has passed the licensure examinations since the programs were first offered.
• The University has grown to over 600 acres, 30 major buildings, and 41 other units.
• The University offers 6 Doctoral Programs: Educational Leadership, Food Science and Technology, Marine Estuarine Environmental
Sciences, Organizational Leadership, Physical Therapy, and Toxicology.
• Greater course offerings during the evening and weekend hours have been developed, allowing a greater segment of the local population to enhance themselves and their communities through post-secondary education.
• The University has long been known for providing professional training in the key regional and local industries of hospitality management and the management of commercial poultry and swine operations.
• There are 174 full-time faculty members at UMES of whom 94 percent of those with tenure hold a doctorate or terminal degree in their field of specialization. The student-to-faculty ratio is 18:1.
• UMES conducts research and creative endeavors in agricultural, environmental and marine sciences, mathematics and computer applications, allied health and other fields.m a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
UMES NAA is now using Zelle to receive and transfer funds instead of PayPal.
Effective immediately please set up a Zelle account if one is not already created.
Zelle works as a standalone app or you may be able to access it through your bank’s website or app.
To get started using Zelle, you can sign up either of two ways:
Download the Zelle app on Android or iOS
Enroll your email address or phone number from your bank account
Once you’re connected, you can send a payment by entering our email address.
Funds should be sent to
Please deactivate anything that is associated with the former PayPal account.
Division of Institutional Advancement, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Princess Anne, MD 21853,