Reasons for Giving
Together, people build great communities. By providing a high quality education, the University of Maryland Eastern Shore continues to develop citizens who contribute to the prosperity of our state and our nation. An investment in UMES and its students is an investment in your community.
Consider how UMES is making a difference in your community and how you can help:
• Programs in Construction Management Technology, Aviation Sciences, Hotel and Restaurant Management are unique to both the state
and the region.
• Over 50% of UMES students are first generation college students.
• Enrollment is on the increase and the university currently has over 4,500 students.
• Every graduate of the Physical Therapy and Dietetics programs has passed the licensure examinations since the programs were first
• The University has grown to over 600 acres, 30 major buildings and 41 other units.
• The University offers 6 Doctoral Programs: Educational Leadership, Food Science and Technology, Marine Estuarine Environmental
Sciences, Organizational Leadership, Physical Therapy and Toxicology.
• Greater course offerings during evening and weekend hours have been developed, allowing a greater segment of the local population
to enhance themselves and their communities through post-secondary education.
• The University has long been known for providing professional training in the key regional and local industries of hospitality management
and the management of commercial poultry and swine operations.
• There are 174 full-time faculty members at UMES of whom 94 percent of those with tenure hold a doctorate or terminal degree in their field
of specialization. The student-to-faculty ratio is 18:1.
• UMES conducts research and creative endeavors in agricultural, environmental and marine sciences, mathematics and computer applications, allied health and other fields.m a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
Division of Institutional Advancement, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Princess Anne, MD 21853,